The product liability lawyers at the Jackson, Mississippi firm of Coxwell & Associates have exceptional experience with defective product claims. Our lawyers are knowledgeable and well versed in these types of lawsuits, winning several compensatory verdicts for our clients.
Products liability is defined as the responsibility of a manufacturer or vendor of goods to compensate for injury caused by defective merchandise that it has provided for sale. Under the product liability statutes of Mississippi, manufacturers have an obligation to ensure that their products are safe for consumers and also have effective warning labels listing any potential risks or problems that may occur as a result of using the product. Because of these rigid guidelines, when a consumer purchases a product, the last thing they tend to worry about is an injury resulting from a defect in that product. However, serious injuries and accidents occur every day due to defects in products like automobiles, children’s toys, machinery, and medications.
A manufacturer has the duty to make the product as safe as possible. If this standard cannot be met, the manufacturer has the duty to adequately warn the public about the risks associated with using the product. The consumer, likewise, has a duty to be as careful as a reasonable person would when using the product. If the consumer clearly misuses the product, they will not be able to recover under the products liability statute, no matter how severe the injury is.
- Design Defect: A product with flaws in its inherent design may be deemed unsafe.
- Manufacturing Defect: This occurs when the manufacturer of the product fails to adequately follow the design specifications. In this case, the defect in
- The product itself is enough evidence of negligence.
- Informational Defect: This occurs when the product has improper or incomplete labeling. A failure to provide adequate warnings of potential product
- Hazards would also be classified as an informational defect.
- You were injured
- The product was found to be defective
- The defect in the product caused your injuries
- You were using the product as it was intended (like a reasonable person).
The Jackson, Mississippi product liability lawyers at Coxwell & Associates look out for the consumer's best interest and can help you with your defective product claim. It is important to contact an experienced attorney so that you can discuss your claims and assess whether you might have a successful claim against a manufacturer. Contact our product liability lawyers today to discuss your product liability case.
$144 Million Death and punitive damages
$120 Million Injuries from dangerous drugs
$20.4 Million Fraud settlement that went to Mississippians
$2.3 Million Brain injury settlement
$2.1 Million Civil rights death
$1.6 Million Fraud settlement for Mississippians
“You were made to do what you do. Know that You make a difference in lives for the better.” - Will A.
“We are so appreciative for everything you've done for us. We don't know how we would've gotten through this without your help and generosity!” - N.B.
“My family and I will always be indebted to you and your staff.” - B.W.