Motorcycle accidents often result in devastating injuries. While passenger vehicles have a “crumple zone” that provides at least some protection from the force of impact, riders are entirely open to the elements—and any cars or trucks headed their way.
Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) and spinal cord injuries (SCIs) are two of the most serious kinds of injuries that riders can sustain, and both are far more common than they should be. According to the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, for example, motorcycle accidents are the fifth leading cause of SCIs among men of all ages.
Of course, even wrecks that do not result in TBIs or SCIs can have catastrophic consequences. Debilitating road rash, internal organ damage, broken bones, and other impact injuries can keep accident victims out of work for months or even years.
Fortunately, injured parties may be able to recover compensation for all the damages they incur. In order to build a successful claim, though, they must be able to provide proof of their losses.
If you were hurt in a motorcycle wreck and are ready to start compiling evidence of damages, contact Coxwell & Associates. Unlike general practice firms, we focus on only a few practice areas to ensure our clients receive the most comprehensive and up-to-date representation possible. Call (601) 265-7766 to schedule a free case evaluation with one of our Jackson motorcycle accident attorneys.
Let’s explore the kinds of evidence that may help your motorcycle accident lawyer prove damages:
- Medical Records: Detailed medical records are critical evidence in any motorcycle accident claim. These records will prove that you sought care and will explain your expected prognosis.
- Expert Testimony: Statements from medical experts will confirm your prognosis and the extent of any lasting injuries.
- Photographs & Diagnostic Images: Photographs of visible wounds and diagnostic images of internal injuries will illustrate the progress of recovery. Take photos of all visible wounds every day so you have an accurate record, and save X-rays and other diagnostic images in a safe place.
- Quotes for Repairing Property Damage: If your bike was damaged or destroyed in the collision, you may be entitled to compensation for repairs or replacement. A quote from your mechanic will help quantify such property damage.
- Damaged Gear: A shredded jacket, dented helmet, or crushed boot can help prove damages. Save all gear because you may need it to strengthen your claim.
- Journal Entries: Write in a daily journal about the ways in which the injuries are affecting your life. Such entries will help prove non-economic damages like pain and suffering.
- Income Statements: Past income statements will indicate precisely how much you are losing every day that you miss work.
Discuss Your Case with a Jackson Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you sustained serious injuries in a motorcycle accident, contact Coxwell & Associates. Our personal injury attorneys will handle the logistics of your claim so you can focus on your health.
We have a reputation for honesty, aggressiveness, and compassionate representation. Call (601) 265-7766 or click on the button below to schedule a free consultation with an accident attorney in Jackson.
Disclaimer: This blog is intended as general information purposes only, and is not a substitute for legal advice. Anyone with a legal problem should consult a lawyer immediately.